Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review: Blood Bond


Blood Bond
Blood Bond by Jeanne C. Stein

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I expected so much more of this final installment. I wanted it to go out with such a bang I'd remember it for months...Unfortunately it fizzled for me. Not to say it was bad...it wasn't. This series was one of my favorites and it will keep its place in my heart for sure but...I am disappointed. I expected better after thousands of words designed to amaze me, to make me soar, to make me abandon my reality and embrace Anna's. This book was just sad. Not sad because Anna's mom was dying, not sad because it was the last but because it didn't deliver that "out of body experience" you get if a book is good enough. Everything felt rushed. Anna seemed not even herself and the plot was so wrapped around the romance/wedding I don't even know what was the point of Vlad, Chael and Steffan. Such big bad boys...limited to hiring stylists and giving terrible speeches.

I do not approve.

A more action focused novel would've given me more pleasure than all the lovey-dovey stuff.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment