Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review: Hellsbane


Hellsbane
Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



You know when you start reading a book and immediately know it's not your cup of tea? That's what happened with this book after a couple of sentences. The plot is not necessarily bad. I mean, it didn't captivate me nearly enough, but the premise sounded good and I didn't want to DNF so I kept going. Honestly? I want my time back. Again, it's not terrible but it could've been so much better. I didn't care for Emma's love life. I'm sorry but if something major happens in someone's life I seriously doubt their 1st thoughts are about how hot the guy looking at her is. Or how awesome his eyes are. In this book this happens every time Tommy or Eli talk to her. It's ridiculous. Not to mention insane to get involved with either of them...so she obviously gets involved with both. Why the hell not? It's not like you have demons after your head or anything...I'm sure they'll wait until you're done. Then Tommy dies. Not exactly a surprise and she goes all ballistic for what? 30 seconds? Okay...maybe half an hour. But I think I'm being generous here. Her master plan is of course to hunt down Tommy's father. For once we agree. I guess it was just too much to ask for her to actually plan something but...By this point I didn't even care about what happened next. I was bored out of my mind, couldn't make myself like Emma, Eli or any other character and the plot was going downhill. The ending turned out not be as awful as I was expecting but I don't think I'll be following the story anyway.

2.5 ★



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment