Free Agent by J.C. Nelson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Wasn't perfect but I liked it. The main character, Marissa, was a little (read: a lot) exasperating but the worldbuilding drew me like a moth to a flame. The support characters were interesting and I was never really sure whose side they were on and that took some great turns and twists to achieve. Not bad. I'm impressed. That being said, Marissa's "Oh woe me" attitude regarding Liam and her parents was becoming increbly hard to swallow and I'm not sure how much more I would've accepted. The "big bang" was also a little disappointing...Marissa's attempts to find out what was happening were almost always without any info and I belive her survival/solution was pretty much a fluke. It simply fell on her head. She didn't really made anything happen on her own except the whole mirror thing with Grimm. So I expected better. A little more bang.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment