Earth's Requiem by Ann Gimpel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm not a fan of cliffhangers. Fortunately or unfortunately, this one didn't disturb me much. You would think it's a good thing, right? But if I was actually invested in it, I would be pissed and raving about it. I'm not. I can certainly see the effort put into the world-building and appreciate it but I didn't like Aislinn and she pretty much ruined this for me. I was intrigued enough by the premise and subsequent plot to keep going 'till the very end but I don't think I'm picking up the next book. I simply couldn't connect with her. Her choices often didn't make sense to me. Her lightning romance with Fionn was annoying as hell. I know people find pre-ordained romances all perfect but, for me, it just feels restricting and forced. But, most of all? Everything just seemed confusing to me. The reasons behind anything either weren't given at all or were simply ignored after a couple sentences to give way to more sex between Fionn and Aislinn. And he can give her between 5 to 10 orgasms every single time they have sex? Either he's VERY skilled, she's VERY green or the author has VERY high expectations from men.
Star rating: 2.5 ★
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment