Pretty When She Dies by Rhiannon Frater
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Honestly? I wanted to shake Amal most of the time but I absolutely loved this book. It was so beautifully written I have no other choice but to grudgingly accept its awesomeness. The story flowed very well, always with a great sense of horror, pain and wonder. The pace changed a bit after the first chapters but her relationship with Cian actually made everything better instead of dividing the focus of her struggle to survive to sudden mushy romance. It was actually rejuvenating and unusual. Their relationship seemed to strengthen both of them and position them more firmly into their own roles. Made them more confident. More alert. More themselves. While also shaking their world upside down. Impossible not to like it. Was it perfect? Not really but I definitely enjoyed it.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment