Sunday, March 22, 2015

Review: Poison Fruit


Poison Fruit
Poison Fruit by Jacqueline Carey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



My thoughts as I was reading this book:

Daisy is still as clueless about herself as she was in the first two novels and, while that was cute when she first showed up, now it's just stupid. For someone who claims self-control since a young age her actions show otherwise. She appears immature and reckless. A certain measure of such behavior is expected due to her parentage but, like I said, her control should be definitely better.
Her attitude regarding Cody is cowardly. Her attitude regarding Stefan is cowardly and stupid. At this point I'm wondering what both of them see in her but also what I see in this series. I'm incredibly disappointed.
And when the ravening scene happened between her and Stefan, I really wished I was reading a paperback instead of a e-book just so I could throw it against the wall. That's how frustrated Daisy made me. And then she needed to be rescued and I stopped reading because I was bloody furious and I just had to stop reading it before I snapped and tossed my tablet through the window.
I guess some part of me doesn't want to be mean and currently that is the only reason why I'm not giving this book a one star rating. Otherwise? The plot no longer holds my attention. Daisy, Stefan and Cody are idiots. And I reached my breaking point.


Two hours later I came back and read it all to the end. I don't regret it but I will never repeat the experience.

The ravening episode was solved way too easily and, again, why were they together? It's not that I didn't like Stefan. I just didn't like Daisy and him together. At least it wasn't Cody. Not a huge endorsement but the best I can do. The whole court thingy...Can I just say how dumb it was not to prepare the witnesses? Or the plan in general? Was everyone really thinking a charm would suddenly make everything right? There were so many freaking holes in that plan!
Now..the war...I think it was the one and only redeeming quality of this book. It was very well done. Seriously...Everything else? I'm just glad this is over. For good. Oh and she gets Cody. Joy.

PS: I added a star because of the war. Only thing worth reading in the whole novel.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment