Touch Me Gently by J.R. Loveless
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I kinda had this feeling, throughout the whole book, of it all being overly dramatic. The plot, the character's feelings, the character's pasts...well...everything basically. Not that it was bad in any way. It was very interesting to read and both Logan and Kaden were very likable and relatable. But I certainly felt that things were always exposed in a way to draw the maximum attention to every single detail and it became quite exhausting after some time. The tension was always there and it felt like anything could and would make Kaden fall apart. He was totally functional one minute and curled into a ball the next. I accepted that at first but after seeing him do it, at least once a day, it just seemed exaggerated and maybe even artificial. There was no need to always repeat everything every single time he suffered a panic attack either. Only exacerbated the theatrical side for me and took some of my enjoyment.
Rating: 3.5 ★
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment