Friday, February 21, 2014

Review: Latakia


Latakia
Latakia by J.F. Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Very well written. Creative. Witty. Awesome characters. I really liked the team. And I really liked Colorado. He was, by far, my favorite character. Not Travis or Matt, our main couple, but the crazy *ss bad-mouthed Navy Seal. Why? Because he was unique. A real treat.
I did like our couple too tho. Travis was really interesting and so was Matt. It did took me some time to actually warm up to them both though...we don't get to read Travis point-of-view until much later in the book and I wasn't really secure on my opinion of him due to his unwillingness to disclose being gay to his team. And Matt was really annoying about Brian in the beginning too. Very needy and insecure. And oh so neurotic and confused. I had a really hard time getting over his obliqueness regarding Brian and his manipulations. Glad everything ended well. Nice HEA.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment