Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Review: Playing for Keeps

Playing for Keeps Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Considering this is purely fictional...it was damn entertaining. Laugh out loud funny and compelling. If this wasn't fictional I'd be honestly worried about these people's mental health. Seriously. Initially I thought Jason was out-of-this-world crazy but sweet in his craziness. He changed a lot during the course of the story and I liked him. Haley was a cute and shy little thing but she came into herself. They both made awesome progress and I liked them as a couple. They were obviously crazy in love with each other. Then the Big Fight rolled around and they really went crazy. They acted like lunatics. Both of them. Constantly. No reprieve. Those last few chapters? I didn't know those people. They were not the characters I'd been cheering for since the beginning. He acted like an *sshole. She acted like an *sshole. I can honestly say I have no idea what happened to them. Amazingly enough I ended this book not even caring if they decided to stay together or not. That's how bad they made it.

*2.5 ★

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment