Friday, September 4, 2015

Review: How To Lose a Demon in 10 Days

How To Lose a Demon in 10 Days How To Lose a Demon in 10 Days by Saranna DeWylde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kind of disappointed in this one. Too much happening at the same time and yet not enough. How this managed to be confusing and slightly boring too is beyond me. There's a lot of sex. Like, even more than usual and normally I wouldn't even care because I thought there was no such thing as too much sex. This book proved me wrong. Everyone seems to have sex in this story. All the time. And that, while not necessarily unpleasant, certainly complicated the plot and its evolution. I'm okay with complicated plots. I even like them from time to time. What I don't like is trying to understand said complicated plot with only a couple pages. And that's what ended up happening because most of the 300 pages in this novel are sex scenes. One after the other. Nonstop. How the main couple even managed to fall in love is, again, beyond me. They barely talked. And because they never talked and were always busy having sex, they never came up with a plan for the bad guys. All that concentrated power and completely useless. Her father had to come save her for Christ's sake. And the angel Raphael being her father? Totally out of the blue and, honestly, someone that didn't even needed to be there. Her Grandma is Baba Yaga. Her grandpa is Hades. She's a hald-demon/half-angel witch. Her boyfriend is a Crown Prince of Hell. I'm name dropping, I know. But you get my point. And the bad guys weren't even that clever or powerful. They simply made a plan and executed it. Not that hard, really. So why couldn't our good guys do the same?? Nope...Much more fun to wait for our doom, have sex while waiting and expect a miracle when the time of reckoning comes. Much better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment