Nothing Special by A.E. Via
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I was seriously liking this book until Cash and Leo fought. Then Cash went all caveman with Leo, more than usual anyway, and I lost a little of the respect I had for them. I mean, the book was never perfect. Reading about a man whimpering and on the verge of tears always pisses me off no matter how much you want me to think he loves his partner. Then you want me to believe a bad-ass detective like Leo simply bends his will to whatever Cash wants...ugh. Not so good there. I mean, aren't there any normal and healthy relationships out there? Is it really necessary to ruin my story with crap like that? Of course, not happy with the amount of bull I had already read, you put Cash and Leo marking themselves with bites to show ownership of each other. My advice is pee. Works every time. Also ménage with Johnson and Ro? Seriously? There's a time and place for everything. That was not it, no matter how it it actually was. So...I didn't hate them or anything but I honestly think their relationship wasn't all it was cracked up to be. A lot of it was so far left field I don't think it was even on the same planet anymore and consistency is always good and nice in a story. The ending? Meh. I expected more.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment