Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: Storm Queen


Storm Queen
Storm Queen by Marissa Dobson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Very well written. I had a couple issues with the way things were supposedly done between Stormkins but I guess that's normal in any introduction to a new "culture". I also didn't exactly understood speaking of Darkness in the premise as if he was this hugely important man in Kayla's life when he appears only briefly. Kind of misleading of his role in this book. Nevertheless I liked him. Of course my heart goes to Nightmare and Dreamer much more.
I also found the premise misleading in terms of general plot. In my view of things this book could've been a part of a more extended story. I don't really understand its use in the broad scheme of things. It feels like this book was complete with the double of pages and then the author decided to break it in half and only allowed us to read the first half. I reckon some kind of objective should have been established in the beginning and made it happen or not for the ending. This way it just feels unfinished.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment