How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I found this surprisingly funny and witty. You kind of expect a vampire novel to always be somewhat dark and bloody but this was pretty bubbly considering the genre. The most poignant cliché was, of course, the tortured vampire hunk who thinks he's a cursed murderer but is really just a cute fluffy man in love with the heroine. That part is pretty nauseous if you ask me but, alas, he's a nerd so that compensates just a little. Oh and he was a monk too. A 500 hundred year monk. Yes, that's right. He only lost his virginity with the heroine. I almost gagged at that sweetness! But I had fun. I mean some things were so ridiculous one just can't help laugh out loud. Oh and I have to admit I'll miss Ivan. His death broke my heart. They just don't make good villains anymore. I was expecting him to be terrifying enough to encourage loyalty out of his followers and instead he gets betrayed and killed by his women. Och. RIP Petrovsky.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment