Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: The Devil's Wife


The Devil's Wife
The Devil's Wife by Holly Hunt

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



1st: One does not simply write an entire book in the fist person without some serious mojo and even then, it's a 50/50 chance of the reader liking it that way. I didn't like it.

2nd: The use of the character's full names to identify the speaker. Confusing. Using Clarissa Avario, Jasynda something and Avasten Grigori just made me stop in the middle of things numerous times to try to remember who they were. Not to mention the lack of any identifiers in the pattern of writing. They all spoke alike to me.

3rd: The plot. What the...? I can't say this book was bad per se but it sure was weird. Like really really weird. The plot gets so incredibly unrealistic, yes even considering this was fantasy, that it stops making sense. In the end, Lucifer kills God, becomes God himself and asks his girlfriend to marry him. Like, what? I've read some pretty crazy sh*t, trust me, but nothing has ever left me so confused and disgruntled as this one. And I'm partial to Lucifer as one of the good guys. Always have been. But this beats the punch. And you have violence, rape and kidnappings thrown around and talked about as if it were everyday occurrences...That's just messed up. "Oh I was just raped and beaten but please come here hug me and have sex with me please" and "Oh don't worry..I'm used to being kidnapped and raped" Seriously? Seriously??





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment