Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Review: Blackveil

Blackveil Blackveil by Kristen Britain
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, this book sucked. First, we get a deathbed marriage between Zachary and Ellora. Then, Ellora is crowned queen and decides to suspend Mapstone as Captain of the Riders (supposedly for her own good). Thirdly, Ellora has sex with Zachary even though he's incredibly hurt and delirious. And, after finding out he loves Karigan, she wishes Karigan never returns. These "people" are backstabbing idiots. They fall in and out of love at the blink of an eye. They betray each other for no good reason. No loyalty. No nothing. Congratulations. You managed to make me hate every single human in this book apart from Karigan, Yates and Lynx. Even Alton and Estral depressingly acted like assholes. WTF was wrong with these people?? Did everyone suddenly went crazy? I'm writing this as I'm reading the book and it's possible my opinion will change according to the end but, as of right now, I really do hate pretty much everyone. Ellora is such a huge disappointment as a Queen. She'll probably end up redeeming herself in some way later on but I cannot get past the fact she agreed to marry Zachary as he lay unconscious and even bedded him while he was still recuperating. I can't even...I want them all to burn. That's how pissed I am. And Amberhill's adventures better be worth something because he started out strong, if a little misguided, but now he's just boring. I honestly couldn't have cared less if he was on a ship or a mule. I DON'T CARE but please do kill Yates. He's not one of my favorites or anything.

F*ck. I'm fuming. I've just finished and I don't even want to keep reading this series. I'm depressed.

* 1.5 ★ - because I hate everything and everyone right now.
** I really really loved Yates.
*** Also sorry for rambling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment