Code Red by G.A. Hauser
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Entertaining and sweet. I wasn't exactly happy with Keegan's inability to admit to anyone he was gay throughout the whole duration of this story but that certainly made the coming out scene so much more intense. And it wasn't some big dinner or announcement either. Just a simple kiss on the mouth in front of some coworkers and I was proud as punch for him and Noah. Great scene. The HEA was certainly all kinds of sappy but exactly what I expected and I liked it anyway. The writing wasn't perfect but I mostly enjoyed it. My biggest problem was Dwayne (Keegan's partner on the rig) suddenly becoming Dwight in the middle of the novel. Totally out of the blue and nothing I haven't come to expect in this author's novels but...still pisses me off when I see it happening. Some other editing issues but nothing major. Solid plot. Interesting enough main characters. Great support cast. Adequate HEA.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment