Blind Space by Marie Sexton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I heard a world of good about this book and it wasn't exactly wrong but...for me, it wasn't that great either. I don't really deny that Valerio really loved Tristan or Tristan loved Valerio but, boy, that relationship sure was dysfunctional. The fact that everything ended up okay doesn't exactly erase the kidnapping. I mean, I ended up getting over it 'cause it wasn't bad but it was there. And the whole Stockholm syndrome kinda freaked me out even after Tristan got better. I just couldn't help remembering all he said during that time when he was trying to help Valerio out of prison later. Kinda made me wonder, you know? And that always hovered throughout the rest of the book...that shadow of doubt. So it wasn't all that and a bag of chips for me. Was I entertained? Yes. Definitely. Was it how I imagined? Nope. Did I like it? Meh. Not exactly sure to tell the truth. I expected better.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment