Urban Shaman by C.E. Murphy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The Good:
The characters were well written. It was easy to get a sense of personalities without getting too much overwhelmed with info. Also some characters are very interesting indeed.
Jo, for instance, isn't your average urban fantasy heroine either. She's a single police mechanic with a kid she gave to adoption. She has a somewhat traumatized past but doesn't show it to anyone. She's also magical since birth but always kept that side of her leashed and concealed. She's a smart-ass. Ok. She does have that in common!
The Bad:
Some of the writing is...I don't know. There's some misuse of English. I let a lot slide by because it's not my first language but it must irks a lot of people! In my opinion this should not deter anyone from reading this!
Jo is kinda dumb sometimes and it pissed me off. Not very noticeable at first but there nonetheless.
Overall:
I enjoyed it very much but I admit I have a tendency to ignore a lot of mistakes made by authors when I like a story. I hope it gets better!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment