The Wish by Dahlia Lu
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I read some of the reviews talking about the poor writing but I decided to read it anyway and I gotta say I'm not entirely sorry. The writing is indeed excruciating! The author writes only slightly better than a 3 year old child. It's too fast-paced to actually develop a sensible plot and it feels way too rushed. It's actually a shame because it has so much potential! The idea behind it is wonderful, smart and really interesting and it's pretty much the only reason why I endured all the wrong past tenses and other mistakes. They are, oh so many! But if you are somehow able to ignore all that...the idea is really great. This book really needs a serious revision! Also it wouldn't hurt to slow things down more. It would be better to have split the story for two books and had the details more developed.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment