Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: The Outlaw Demon Wails


The Outlaw Demon Wails
The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Better than the last one. Nobody died. At least I don't think so...which means that if someone died, it wasn't an important character. I was kinda afraid for Quen. I really like him. I don't think Rachel would be able to deal with his death after Kisten's. She seems to really respect him and love him.

And speaking of elves..let's talk about Trent. That guy is really pissing me off. He does whatever he wants without caring for consequences and then judges Rachel for things that she doesn't even do. He gets himself caught in the ever-after, she gets back to rescue him, at a very high cost, and he tries to kill her as soon as they get out. So okay. He found out she was kin to demons and therefore a "danger" to all mankind or whatever but really? After saving his ass, after showing time and time again that she's trustworthy, after sacrificing herself to protect people she doesn't even know...he tries to kill her. AGAIN. Aparently being in the ever-after as a slave in a cage didn't taught him much. Someone should REALLY kick his ass for real!

Anyway...

Jenks appearing all of a sudden in the ever-after? I totally expected that. He loves her. He sure as hell wasn't going to let her go to a dangerous place with only Trent as back-up. C'mon! But him suddenly disappearing when the sun came up? That sure scared me a lot! I thought something really bad had happened to him. Thankfully it hadn't.

I also got scared with the "Rescue Trent" mission. It was well planned. For a change. Rachel rarely plans things but this one was actually good thinking on her part. It would never cross my mind. And it worked really well. So she has to spend 24h a week in the ever-after with Al as a teacher. Could be worse. A lot worse. And she was upgraded from "familiar/pet" to student and protégé. Not bad considering all the stuff that could go wrong.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment