My rating: 0 of 5 stars
After entering Nick's mind in Ricochet, The Dark Man/Vain was an enormous let down from the get go.
Just in the first few pages:
"The force of his emotions shook him to his very foundations".
Does this look like a contracted killer to you? Someone cold?
And a couple lines later:
"Voices shot like arrows through Vain's memory...The assassin crumpled into oblivion." - meaning he fainted. Fainted! From his memories! Seriously? I present to you the most feared man in New York's underworld ladies and gentlemen.
So...yeah. Me and this book? Not happening.
Maybe if I'd read this before meeting Nick? I don't know. But this definitely does not sound as something I'll enjoy in the long run so I'm backing out now. For me a good assassin has to be cold-blooded. Unfeeling. Callous. Frightening. This Vain Guy? Everyone seems to be afraid of him in the book but I honestly do not get it.
**Not rating this book since I only read about 4/5 chapters.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment