My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I grabbed this because I'm in between books by Rick Riordan (The Heroes of Olympus) and I wanted something similar to make a little pause without actually breaking my stride. A little weird, I know, but it works for me. Either way, this book was not what I expected. After reading Rick Riordan, it's pretty much impossible not to make a comparison. While his stories seem to perfectly combine modern days and mythology and can pretty much be read by anyone, young and old, this is not the case with Loki's Wolves. The main characters are childish and naive. In fact, the whole book suffers from this. The whole "protect the girl" thing didn't help matters. Unfortunately not much else can be said for these characters either because I don't know them that well. They were all underdeveloped. In two days, I'm sure I won't even remember them and that's just...sad. They simply didn't make much of an impression.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment