My rating: 4 of 5 stars
My only pet peeve in this book was the romance. I like a good romance anytime anywhere but I also like to take my time with it. I don't like to be rushed and this so-called romance was definitely rushed. Entertaining and humorous sure but still faster than it should've been. Fortunately the rest of it was so interesting, new and amazing I didn't bother to stay upset. The world-building was incredible to read, full of new species to find and get to know and Verity as our heroine was fun and kick-ass. Adding Dominic as a Covenant member and supposed mortal enemy of her family added depth and intrigue and I can't really fault his presence in the overall arc. I do find fault with their quick romantic entanglement. It was something I could've gone without in a first installment specially when it's obvious they'll be THE COUPLE of the series. I hate those sure couples. Where the author keeps sending obstacles their way to try and keep things interesting but it's so obvious they'll always end up together it just becomes ridiculous and boring. I prefer a slow built romance always and preferably with the non-obvious male lead. Usually the guy she hate-lusted during the whole series. Of course that's Dominic in this case so...yeah. Not a single surprise there.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment