Live and Let Die by Ian Fleming
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Quite hard to get into for me. Maybe because my memory of this story was really sketchy, maybe because the language was hard to understand or more likely for all of the above. Either way, it took me a long time to get into the story's rhythm and enjoy it. I still loved James Bond so, while I struggled a lot, I kept trying over and over just to read more about him and eventually succeeded. That being said...I can't, in good conscience, give more than a 3 star rating to this book. The writing seemed really forceful at times and the details bored me to tears. Also my history lessons did not prepare me for the convoluted way it was presented to me along the main spy story. I actually have to admit that I ended up skimming most of those parts so as not to lose hope and give up. I still look forward to carry on with this series however.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment