Caradoc of the North Wind by Allan Frewin Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I read this in one sitting and could not put it down. I lack some sleep but I do not regret it!
On a side note: I don't exactly hate open endings because, let's be truthful, it's better to have an open ending than a bad one but I still resent them. I understand their purpose and allure to an author due to flexibility but...I continue to rebel. As a reader I find it somewhat frustrating. It almost feels unfinished which, come to think of it, it's maybe the idea all along. It definitely allows the author to return a couple years later and present the readers with more adventures.
Despite all my misgivings about this ending...I was absolutely surprised with this book. It is better than the other ones and such a fast-paced, exhilarating and heart-pounding adventure! I truly loved it. My heart broke a little when it seemed Branwen was leaving without Iwan but fortunately he didn't let himself get tricked and went after her. I was kinda hoping for a kiss but oh well. It's so sad for Branwen however, never to have been able to return to her home and see her mother. I actually hoped to see Lady Alis appear out of thin air but, alas, it was not meant to be.
I find myself hoping vehemently for another book. Or a whole new series with Branwen, her friends and the mysterious Chosen of The Shining Ones. That works too!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment