Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Wow. So what do I think about this book? I don't really know. Sookie's life has become so troubled and complicated that I just can't seem to be content with whatever Charlaine Harris writes. Don't get me wrong. I liked this book. It kept me reading 'till I almost fell off with exhaustion. But I sure as hell did not like the ending! Oh yes I think Sookie did the right thing using the claviel dor to bring Sam back to life. I would have been SO majorly pissed if she had used it to save Eric from his wedding with the Queen. As I see it, Eric can get himself off the hook if that's what he really wishes. I'm not sure he actually does wish it which is why I wouldn't like Sookie to waste the claviel dor's magic on him. So when Sam died...yeah I panicked. He's one of my favourite characters. So was Eric but he really has been an asshole lately so..he's a couple steps lower in my list. The ending I'm saying I didn't like was the abrupt finish. Charlaine Harris has done this pretty much in all her books but this time it really irked me. I cannot believe she left us readers hanging after such dramatics. It sure won't help pass the time till next book. And it's such a long waiting!
Anyway she did do a really good job with Claude's treachery..I did not saw that one coming...and I usually do. I knew something weird was going on with the fairies of Hooligans but it never crossed my mind Claude was trying to rebel against Niall. After all he did fight by his side on the fae war... I was thinking something more along the lines of murdering humans...trying to confront the vampires about control of the area...like that. But I was actually pleasantly surprised. Never really liked Claude although he did have his moments! So Sorry to see Dermot go though. Even Bellenos. And he creeped me out so much! I think I'll miss the fairies. Truly.
That's it I think. I could go on. Mostly complaining about Sookie being so blind sometimes and other times being so smart but it's not really relevant and I'm tired of being up for so long so I could finish the book today. So I'm off to try taking a well deserved nap. Good reading everyone!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment