Grave Secret by Sierra Dean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Meh. Not as good as the previous ones. It was more difficult to follow and, apart from the human thing, quite obvious. Unfortunately Brigit's death was expected. I'm very sorry to see her go. I always liked her and she was a great friend for Secret. Probably the only one who didn't expected anything back except the return of her friendship.
The whole fairy thing gave me a headache and only Secret to think her greatest weapon is a sword and not her powers. I am glad she finally admitted to herself and Holden she loves him too. Their time together was written wonderfully and was everything I wanted it to be.
Lucas was quite easy to hate...I was thinking Secret was going to have a horribly hard time forgetting him but apparently she finally figured out he wasn't worth it, he didn't really loved her and she didn't love him either. Not gonna make it easier on being a Queen for the wolves though.
I terribly missed Sig. He only showed up briefly and I gotta say he's one of my favourite characters.
Had I been the author, I would have run with the Sig scenario for Secret. I would have chosen him to turn her into a vampire. It wouldn't have solved everything but it would have solved some of problems she's been running away from since the beginning. The Juan Carlos thing, the not being a pure vampire and finally being divided between two worlds. I understand she may not have made a choice yet but it's getting frustrating and honestly? I am not fond of the wolves right now. Lucas is an a**hole, Mercy is a bitch and the pack would turn their backs to her soon as they found out about her dual heritage. Don't get me wrong...the vamps would too. But vamps are known to be selfish. Wolves are all about family and friends and pack. Being together no matter what and all that crap yet they would and will turn their backs to her soon as they find out. The only reason Desmond accepted was because he was already in love with her and Lucas? He wanted a queen who would support but not confront him. He probably thought a half-breed soul mate was perfect. Strong but insecure about her role in wolf society.
Anyway I am anxious to know more about Peyton's escape from prison and I want to read about Secret finally killing her mother. Damn! That woman annoys me like hell. Peyton will probably join her mother again in his kill Secret quest. I hope she manages to kill them both! Painfully!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment